[mapserver-dev] 6.2 and Annotation Layers

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon Mar 12 01:21:16 EDT 2012

Steve,

Great news, I will go ahead and give it a try with multiple label blocks.

On 3/12/2012 12:58 AM, Lime, Steve D (DNR) wrote:
> The RFC 77 docs were updated a month ago with examples and voting
> history (it passed), not sure why it's not current on the website. I
> may have edited the wrong version. I'm kon holiday and can't fix at
> the moment, anyway... RFC 77 was committed several weeks ago and is
> in play for 6.2.

I also noticed that rfc-81 is not updated either with any voting history
or ticket number. And rfc-81 as currently posted does not reflect the
implementation. I assume Thomas will get to that if he hasn't already.

> 1)  you don't need RFC 77 for that use case although it could make it
> easier. You can continue with two layers if necessary.

Yes I figured out two layers would work also, but the real benefit to
the user is one pass versus two pass over the data.

> 2) label styles cover this case
>
> 3). Same as 2 or define a  label but no styles

Yes, after converting most of my mapfile it is starting to be much more
intuitive.

Thanks for the feedback,
   -SteveW