[mapserver-dev] Rendering smoothed lines

Lime, Steve D (DNR) Steve.Lime at state.mn.us
Mon Sep 17 13:14:57 PDT 2012

I can't speak to supporting curves, but GEOMTRANSFORM's can apply to labels although there's probably still some work to do. For labels there are actually two geometries the label point and the label bbox. We probably need to extend the parser expression syntax to be able to pick between the two if doing GEOMTRANSFORM expressions.

Don't know if this helps or not.

Smoothing as a GEOMTRANSFORM makes sense. Right now only a few GEOS-based operators are exposed (e.g. buffer) but there's no reason more can't be or that they have to be rooted in GEOS.

Steve