[mapserver-dev] News on MapServer SLD and MapCache

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Dec 17 07:26:31 PST 2019

Salut Jérome,

Great idea to create a MapCache performance wiki page, or a section on
the wiki for MapCache performance tips, where users can place their
notes and hints to increase performance.  I find this works well, you/we
just have to send reminders to the -users list to keep the page updated.

I personally like the use of RFC documents, mostly because users can
read the exact logic behind the improvements (and often the best
documentation for the feature exists at the RFC level).  RFCs also
include example syntax, which users also like to see.  (sometimes our
official docs are more precise and lack space for longer examples)

I'm having a hard time understanding how a dimension value would be a
security concern, but I'm sure that others will have better feedback
here for you.

Thanks for your effort on MapCache Jérome!

-jeff