[mapserver-dev] 7.4 Release...

Lime, Steve D (MNIT) steve.lime at state.mn.us
Sat Mar 16 04:11:42 PDT 2019

Hi all: We’re due to start the 7.4 release process now. I have one question for folks regarding Proj 7 support. As it sits now MapServer cannot use the newest version of Proj. It can use Proj 6 by means of a compile-time flag.

Even didn’t think Proj 7 support would be a trivial change and we might not be able to support both older and newer versions of the lib. Ideally we’d abandon versions older than 6 - there are likely several reasons to do that.

Question is when. Could wait on 7.4 or we could release 7.4 (PHP folks have been more than patient) and work in earnest on Proj 7 support in the next 7.6 or 8.0 release. I’m in favor of the latter but could be convinced otherwise...

—Steve