[mapserver-dev] Proposed RFC 129: Update msautotest to use Pytest

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Jan 29 13:57:51 PST 2020

On mercredi 29 janvier 2020 22:45:07 CET Seth G wrote:
> Hi Even,
>
> Is it an option to get rid of the msautotest Python tests completely by
> moving them to the Python MapScript test suite?

No, this update doesn't really change this. msautotest remains independent of
MapScript Python, except msautotest/mspython of course.

For me, there is value in having 2 different directories:
- mapscript/python/tests should be only for testing the MapScript Python
interface, and not MapServer specific logic.
- whereas msautotest/mspython can/should test MapServer specific logic when
the .map based approach isn't convenient, by using Python MapScript (could be
theoretically written in another of the binding languages if we'd wish...)

The current tests are probably a mix of both point of view.

http://www.spatialys.com