[mapserver-dev] Dropping Version Output?

Steve Lime sdlime at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 17:48:48 PST 2022

What do folks think about dropping the version output from MapServer? That
is, output like:

<!-- MapServer version 7.6.4 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG SUPPORTS=PROJ
SUPPORTS=AGG SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=CAIRO SUPPORTS=ICONV
SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPPORTS=GEOS SUPPORTS=POINT_Z_M SUPPORTS=PBF
INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE -->
I'm not sure that advertising version and supported components makes sense
anymore. Might be able to make it tunable via the config file but I'm not
sure that's even necessary.

--Steve