[MapServer-dev] PROJECTION block strings and init=

Seth G sethg at geographika.co.uk
Thu Aug 24 06:02:45 PDT 2023

Thanks Jukka. So the "init=esri" is a known issue and not supported when using proj.db, but "init=epsg" is supported still.

I'm not suggesting we remove "init=" for projections that are actually stored in init files, but do you think we should guide users to use "EPSG:4326" rather than "init=ESPG:4326" for all projections that are found in proj.db?

Seth
--
web:https://geographika.net & https://mapserverstudio.net
twitter: @geographika