[MapServer-dev] Dropping support for PROJ <6 and GDAL <3

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Sat Jun 3 08:15:44 PDT 2023

Hi,

I've prepared 2 pull requests
https://github.com/MapServer/MapServer/pull/6900 and
https://github.com/MapServer/MapServer/pull/6901 to respectively drop
support for PROJ < 6 and GDAL < 3 for MapServer 8.2

Any opposition to that?

Those older versions haven't been supported anymore and for a long time
by their respective projects, the proposed minimal versions have been
released 4 years ago and our CI doesn't test the dropped versions
anymore, so I believe it is safe to proceed.

The PROJ < 6 drop removes quite a bunch of code paths so it is a nice
cleanup. The GDAL < 3 has modest impacts, but anyway having PROJ >= 6
and GDAL < 3 doesn't make sense as this is a rather unsupported combination.

Even

--
http://www.spatialys.com