[MapServer-dev] Dropping support for PROJ <6 and GDAL <3

Seth G sethg at geographika.co.uk
Sun Jun 4 11:07:16 PDT 2023

Hi Even,

+1 from me - as you write removing those multiple PROJ code paths will simplify the code base greatly in some places.
Does GEOS have similar issues? There don't seem to be any version checks in MapServer apart from some comments in the Python MapScript bindings "Requires GEOS support (>=3.0)".

I'd also like to propose we only support SWIG 4 and higher, and begin removing Python2 specific code (I can look at these two items).

Seth

--
web:https://geographika.net & https://mapserverstudio.net
twitter: @geographika