[Mapserver-inspire] MapServer and INSPIRE

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Mar 23 12:51:59 EDT 2011

Hi All,

  My main interest in this is to participate in the implementation of
the INSPIRE specs in MapServer. There were few e-mails and discussions
around this. There is a wiki page
<http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/wiki/INSPIRE> that tries to capture
these discussions. Next step I believe is to get hold of the latest
specs and define properly what that means in terms of additions in
MapServer.

best regards,

Assefa

On 23/03/2011 11:08 AM, Tom Kralidis wrote:

> Hi: we thought a good way to break the ice would be to have folks on
> the list introduce themselves, summarize what they've done so far, and
> what parts of INSPIRE they are interested in.
>
> I'll start.  In a MapServer context, I'm interested in the
> implementation and adherence to INSPIRE View Services for WMS Server.
> I've read through the documents, and am awaiting the final document to
> be released before going deeper based on Assefa's initial analysis.
>
> Elsewhere, I'm also interested in the INSPIRE Discovery Services
> support for the pycsw (http://pycsw.org/) project.
>
> Others?
>
> ..Tom

Assefa Yewondwossen