[Mapserver-inspire] MapServer and INSPIRE

Stephan Meißl stephan at meissl.name
Wed Mar 23 12:47:33 EDT 2011

Hi Tom,

being involved in several European GIS projects I guess I've to be
interested in INSPIRE ;).

I'm particular interested in WCS support in MapServer and to prepare
MapServer to be compliant to a future INSPIRE download service via WCS.
Additionally I'm interested to discuss the future INSPIRE metadata
handling in MapServer in order to harmonize it with the possible
implementation of the Earth Observation Application Profile of WCS
(EO-WCS). Currently we've started to implement EO-WCS using Python
MapScript in the EOxServer (http://www.eoxserver.org) project and we're
evaluating which parts might be included in MapServer directly.

Thanks for your initiative,
Stephan