[Mapserver-inspire] Status of Patch from #3608

Stephan Holl stephan.holl at intevation.de
Thu Nov 10 10:21:17 EST 2011

Hi,

Stephan Holl <stephan.holl at intevation.de>, [20111104 - 13:43:34]

> Hello INSPIRE-interests,
>
> how are the plans to go on with the patch from ticket #3608? Are
> there plans to integrate it into MS trunk soon or are there some mayor
> reworks in place?
>
> I would be happy to push this forward in order to have this patch put
> into SVN soon not getting forgotten :)
>
> Let me know where I can help within this process. I possibly could
> bring in some fundings, but therefore the needed tasks with some rough
> time-estimations are needed.
>
> Could anybody point out the basic task and its estimations?

Had a chat with Stephan Meißl about the ongoing of this issue. Plans
are as following:
* continous testing and bugreporting, ideally with real data
* doing some cosmetics on the current patch: changing _ to .-notation
  for some tags
* more precise RFC75 for grouped layers (and eventually implement it
  directly)
* Votes for the RFC75, afterwards committing it into trunk
* planned release of the mapserver suite in 02/2012

So let us use the momentum and work on.

Best

	Stephan

--
Stephan Holl <stephan.holl at intevation.de> | Tel.: +49 (0)541-33 508 3663
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 OS  |  AG Osnabrück - HR B 18998