Shading certain polygons

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu Nov 4 12:58:27 EST 1999

Declare a class with an expression that matches only the water polys. Shapes without a class are
ignored. You could edit the shape file and delete
the islands altogether. The hole should still be
there but as part of the water shapes. Holes in
multipart polygons are rendered correctly. Faster
that way, less data and no class expression evaluation.

Steve

<<< Doug Nebert <ddnebert at usgs.gov> 11/ 4 10:53a >>>
I have a complex polygon layer in which I have polygonal water
bodies and islands within them.  I need to be able to apply
shading to only the water based on an attribute and to have
all other valid polygons (like islands) from the shapefile
be not shaded.

How do I declare this selection in the .map file?

--
Douglas D. Nebert
Clearinghouse Coordinator