graduated color symbols and mapserver

Robert Chavez rchavez at perseus.tufts.edu
Thu Nov 4 13:25:14 EST 1999

I'm wondering if there is some way to imitate ArcView's Graduated Color
Legend/Symbol type.  I have a shapefile of contour lines and I'd like to

come up with a graduated color line symbol (or symbols) for ranges of
elevation. It's kind of a dumb aesthetic problem, but I'd like to figure

out how to represent these different elevations visually with
MapServer.  All I can think of right now is breaking apart the shapefile

into separate files based on ranges of elevation.

Robert Chavez
Programmer
Perseus Project
rchavez at perseus.tufts.edu