A couple MapServer suggestions

Paul G. Allen pgallen at randomlogic.com
Fri Nov 5 08:37:10 EST 1999

"Paul G. Allen" wrote:

> Maybe some of this is in the works already.
>
> 1. I'd like to be able to display multiple scale bars so that I could have one
> in miles and one in kilometers for example.
> 2. I'd like to be able to change the map image size from the users browser so
> that the user can adjust the map size to fit their screen. Currently doing this
> messes up the reference image and zoom/pan calculations.
> 3. One of my colleagues would like the ability to scale the map image using the
> scale bar - change the scale on the scale bar and the map adjusts to the
> corresponding scale.
>
> There were a couple others, but I don't recall what they were at the moment (no,
> I didn't write them down :)

I knew there were more:

4. I'd like to be able to scale images so that they fit text. For example, my
Interstate Freeways have the standard (USA) Intersate symbol on them, but I have
to place the Interstate name ABOVE the symbol or in some cases the name will
extend beyond the symbol boarder (see my Philadelphia map for examples).

PGA