MapServer 3.3

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Sun Nov 7 01:07:55 EST 1999

Hi folks: An initial release of 3.3 is available
at http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/dist/ms_3.3.tar.gz

This is not what I'd like to consider the formal release. There are still a few things to be ironed
out and documentation will not be ready until
early next week. Still, the code is stable enough
to be test compiled on NT and other environments.

3.3 contains thousands of changes from 3.2. Many
are subtle and were implemented to support MapScript, others are a bit more major. In all only 2 keywords were depricated, actually removed,
from the map file syntax- labeloverlap is no longer recognized and index is now tileindex. Other than that old files should require little modification.

Again, don't make a switch to 3.3 for production work. I need sometime to get docs online and to
add the last couple features I had planned. For now I'd be happy to learn than it builds ok and
3.2 mapfiles, with little modification, run fine.

The MapServer test suite, 3.3 docs and a MapScript
doc will be online in the next day or two.

Steve