JavaScript buttons

ddnebert ddnebert at usgs.gov
Tue Nov 9 14:46:39 EST 1999

I would like to augment the zoom options to also zoom to full extent.
I can't do this in the current <select> group from the mapimage
example as it uses zoom rather than mapext as a variable. So I
contemplated the two following options to make a new button
option, but neither works:

   <input type="button" name="mapext" value="View full globe"
onClick="mapserv.mapext='-180 -90 180 90' ">

OR

    <select name="mapext" size="1" onChange="SetModeToBrowse();">
    <option value="-180 -90 180 90">View full globe
    </select><br>

The first option seems to do nothing. The second one keep the mapext
set to full  no matter what.

Ideas?

Doug Nebert