Colorize a map

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Fri Aug 18 10:02:59 EDT 2000

This is what classes are used for. You can set up expressions to classify
each county according to a particular xbase attribute. You'll get better
performance if you can preclassify values but it can be done on-the-fly
if you have to. Here's a two class example

CLASS
  EXPRESSION ([DELIVERIES] > 0 and [DELEVERIES] < 1.5)
  COLOR 255 0 0
END
CLASS
  EXPRESSION ([DELIVERIES] > 1.5)
  COLOR 0 255 0
END

Hope this helps...

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> Christian <christian at gottschling.net> 08/15/00 01:50PM >>>
Hello,
I have a map here and I want to colorize "counties" (german ones) depending
on their values in the dbf-File. I have found out how to label them with
that data, but not how to give them a color depending on the value.
We have different amounts of deliveries to the "counties" and now I want to
present them by different colors. Any possibility within the mapfile? One
problem could be that I don't know the highest value, it can differ.
Many thanks!

Greetings!
Christian
PS: Does anybody know that the archive-server for this list only shows 2
messages for August?

--
christian