Also: Running application via remote web hosting

mark.wilson at rohoel.at mark.wilson at rohoel.at
Mon Dec 11 08:49:58 EST 2000

I'm no "compile-options-expert" either so this is possibly a case of the blind
leading the blind. I was about to reply that a statically linked executable
probably would not work. However, you should check out the URL below

http://www.freegis.org/FreeGIS_CD/requirements.en.html

which has some information on compiled GIS software. They offer a compiled
version of mapserver on their CD, but you need to check your hardware and OS for
compatibility. You may also need the privileges/knowledge to alter environment
variables and symbolic links. Keep in mind that the CD was not designed
specifically for installing packages in commercial web hosting environments, so
perhaps there will be some hidden pitfalls.

Good luck.

Mark W.

Michael Schulz <mschulz at webgis.de> on 11.12.2000 12:42:34