Availibility on NT

bfischer at usgs.gov bfischer at usgs.gov
Thu Jan 20 11:49:58 EST 2000

Hi everyone,

     I am a new user to mapserver.  I have a couple of initial questions.
I have to make a decision about whether to develop my application on NT or
UNIX.  Has anyone ran into any problems using the NT port of mapserver?  I
was also wondering if you have to have the application on the web portion
of the server or can you just keep it on the file system and use path
names.  Like this
file:///M:/00106/web_watershed/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=M:/00106/web_watersheds/basins.map

     I tried this on the NT and it did not work.  Maybe I am not doing it
right, but it doesn't seem to like the drive letter in the path.

any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Brian Fischer
USGS WRD
Mounds View, MN