Availibility on NT

Doug Nebert ddnebert at usgs.gov
Thu Jan 20 12:32:56 EST 2000

I don't think you can do this on either platform because
the relationship of the template, the .map file, and the mapserv
executable are all well-known in a web server. It might be possible
but you might have to dig in code to find the connections.

I am running mapserver both on Linux and NT and pound for pound
the Linux service seems a bit faster. On either one you will need
to schedule garbage collection (literally deleting GIFs/PNGs made
as requests in your scratch directory). I find this easier with
cron than the "at" scheduler of NT.

Doug.

--
Douglas D. Nebert