some progress building MapScript on NT

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Tue Jun 13 13:19:47 EDT 2000

Steve (and list subscribers),

    I'm using the makefile created by using the
command "perl makefile.pl" (I'm using ActivePerl,
on NT 4.0.  I then  do an "nmake" at the command
line.

 I removed the "-nodefaultlib" from the makefile
(what a hacker), and now it will compile to a DLL
using "nmake". I then did a "nmake install" and it
seemed to work (it copied files into the ActivePerl
directory and updated some other files).

  I tried the dump.pl perl script in the mapscript
examples directory, and got the following error:

Error: Parse Exception

When I use perl interactively, and type in the first
line of the dump.pl script "use mapscript;" I get
the same error as above.  So likely some perl file
has not been updated properly so it will recognize
the mapscript package.

Any perl experts out there..?

Brent Fraser