drift and type

Michael Hass mdh20 at humboldt.edu
Thu Mar 23 18:38:09 EST 2000

HI all-
Two basic questions:
1) I have continental drift going on in the java version of MS at my site.
   With every submit the "map" drifts to the lower right, eventually going
   off the image area. I realize its California, but ... I have tried
   changing the map extent to no effect. Do I really need to crank down
   the map extent to acheive the centering I desire or is there another
   solution?

2) In unix/linux: When I implement freetype, etc as part of MS, do I need
   to make a library path change so that these will function- they don't
   now, I get an error if I uncomment them now. Could someone post a
   sample so that I can try it out if this something that I need to do.

Thanks in advance,
Mike Hass