newbie installation

Brian Johnson bjohnson at jecinc.on.ca
Fri Oct 20 09:44:19 EDT 2000

I had the same problem after using the default ./configure.

My solution to date (after your previous email to me):
Edit demo_init.html so the demo.map path is absolute, in my case
/ms_demo/demo.map

After making the above adjustments I saw:
msLoadMap(): Premature End-of-File. Undefined symbol.

So at your suggestion, I commented out the MARKERSET line (put a '#' at the
beginning
of the line) and any LAYER block that held a SYMBOL reference TO A FILE (eg
SYMBOL 'us_highway_shield') which is actually a GIF file under the
ms_demo/symbols/images directory
(comment out every line between LAYER and END # LAYER).

Then it worked (without GIF symbols though)

I didn't get any of the GD errors that you mentioned and I didn't download
or install any special GD files.