preferred OS's

Eric Frost (HRA) EricFrost at HRandAssociates.com
Fri Oct 20 10:54:34 EDT 2000

Thanks to all who responded: Michael K, Stephen L, Andrea G., David F.
(sorry I have been switching between computers and may have forgotton a
few people)

my question was:

> Is there are preferred or anyone have a favorite
> Linux for running mapserver? err, I just down-
> loaded the iso for Mandrake (says 100%
> compatible with Red Hat)... I assume that will
> work?

Concensus was All Linuxes work great, mentioned were Debian and Red
Hat, Stephen L. noted that I should be aware what what version GD I am
compiling with.. Also received a pointer that it "works fine with
FreeBSD !" (no one suggested windows)

Also:

> Oh--is there an archive of this list?

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wilma/mapserver-users.

Apparently there are some posts from August, 2030... should be enlightening.