Solved: RE: debugging?

Matt.Wilkie Matt.Wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Fri Oct 20 16:36:44 EDT 2000

> Is there some method to make debugging a little easier?
>
> I'm trying to build my own .map files now and I'm getting
> errors like "loadString(): Incorrect data type. (105):(3)"
> but I don't know how to find out *which* command in the
> .map file is passing the wrong data type.

I figured it out.
The last set of brackets contain the line# (starting at 0)

	(3) 		# line 3

the previous brackets contain the value mapserv choked on:

	(105)		# the line in the mapfile was: NAME  105d11

So mapserver parsed "NAME 105d11" as an integer when a
string was expected. The solution is to make sure you
quote values when you need them interpreted as characters
instead of numbers.

	NAME	"105d11"

cheers,

-matt