SourceForge this beast (Re: call for volunteers)

Matt.Wilkie Matt.Wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Tue Oct 24 12:21:56 EDT 2000

> All very good points.   Along these lines, I would like to mention
> that http://sourceforge.net is totally impressive and they
> seem to have  solved alot of the open source development problems.

SourceForge is indeed impressive and I think the service they
render to the community is extremely valuable. There should be
more of them - and that's my worry, there is only one.
It seems like everybody and their dog is moving their project
to SF. If something should happen to SF and it goes down...

Maybe the benefits they bring to the table outweigh spectres
of disaster. I just caution against wholesale complete adoption.

-matt