MapServer logo (was: Call for volunteers!)

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.on.ca
Fri Oct 27 16:15:48 EDT 2000

Marc Jacquin wrote:

> In the meantime, do we have a 'Powered by MapServer' logo ?

It would be cool to have an official one for sure.

There have been interesting discussions but no decision yet as far as I
know.  We had proposed a logo which has been used in a few sites but 2
problems were raised: it used too many colors (could not embed it in a
map slide), and it could not be easily scaled (to make T-Shirts for
instance).   Fred, our graphics designer has come up with a simpler
design of that same logo that addresses these problems:

  http://www2.dmsolutions.on.ca/mapserver/logo/

If others have idea then perhaps then could send them too and we could
have a decision taken in the near future.

 Daniel Morissette             morissette at dmsolutions.on.ca
               http://www.dmsolutions.on.ca/