FWD: Mapserver-SDE

teb teb at mallit.fr.umn.edu
Mon Oct 30 16:22:28 EST 2000

Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 22:24:25 +0100
From: Gjermund Hanssen <gah at tor.nijos.no>
To: mapserver-info at lists.gis.umn.edu
Subject: Mapserver-SDE

I'm doing some testing on Mapserver and SDE. I have read the
documentation and have tried out the examples on my companies own
datasets. It works fine ! But,when i try to classify inside on
attribute(making more than one expression in the map-file) item in the
same SDE-layer i'm retriving error messages. However it works if i'm
defining one layer per. expression in the map-file, but this involves
more than one connection to the underlaying RDBMS and might be time and
licens-consuming ?

My company have bought ArcIms, but haven't started to use it fully,yet.
I'm however fascinated by this OpenSource stuff, and therefore
interested in doing some comparising on MapServer and ArcIms against
SDE.

Gjermund