Labels and querying

Robert Stanton geosys at iafrica.com
Tue Oct 31 13:32:29 EST 2000

Hi everyone

I'm new to Mapserver and the whole Linux, Apache, HTML thing. I've managed
to get the demo working and have developed some maps of my own, which
contain point data of tourism attractions in this part of the world.
However, when my point query results appear, the label for the selected
point disappears. My 'Querymap' and layer 'Query' sections in my map file
are virtually identical to the demo map file, except the query is of a point
layer. I've searched the archives and tried umpteen things, to no avail.
Does anyone have any ideas on this?

In addition I would like to zoom in on the selected highlighted point. Is it
possible to do this without scripting, ie using plain html and Mapserver
variables, similar to what happens in the demo query, but with points? If so
how?

Many thanks in advance.

Robert Stanton
Durban