defining projections

Doyon, Jean-Francois Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Tue Oct 31 16:54:41 EST 2000

Ben,

You have to do a few things:

define the projection of the output image, by defining a "PROJECTION"
section in the "root" of the mapfile (Not within any object).

Then, within each layer deifnition you can specify WHICH projection each
layer is in, and yes, you should consult the PROJ.4 documentation to find
out the exact parameters for whatever projection you are using.
In your case you might want to check out one of the following :

mpoly : Modified Polyconic
poly : Polyconic (American)
rpoly : Rectangular Polyconic

I also strongly recommend you experiment with the ocmmand line tool first !

For geographic projection, simply use :
PROJECTION
	geographic
END