ShapeResultObj->shape ?

Doyon, Jean-Francois Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Mon Sep 11 16:25:50 EDT 2000

Ahhhh ok :)

Could you post the necessary bit of code to change ? I'd rather keep a
stable version, since my app should go into production soon.
but I also want to make sure the code is compatible forward, so I'd like to
change that "point" to a "line" as it should be :)

And now, I'm having another problem, this time with the getshape() funtion

It seems to allways return the SAME shape (The first one), regardless of th
eindex value I give it !

Here's the code affected :

                $queryres =
$reslay->queryusingpoint($querypoint,MS_SINGLE,-1);
                $shapendx = $queryres->next();
                $ndx = $shapendx->shape;
                echo $ndx."<BR>";
                $shpfile =
ms_newshapefileobj("/home/mapdata/common/shapefiles/tmp/".$shpname,-1);
                $shpres = $shpfile->getshape($ndx);
                $lineres = $shpres->point(0);                   <- Note the
current workaround :)
                $pointres = $lineres->point(0);
                echo $pointres->y."<BR>";
                echo $pointres->x."<BR>";

The $ndx value is set correctly, but the getshape function and the rest of
the code allways return the same shape !
I even tried harcoding an index value in there instead of $ndx, but same
deal ... (As mentionned the FIRST shape)

The shape value of the ShapeResultObj is the INDEX of the shape , right ?
This and other values for the object
should probably be better described in the docs ...

Or is the value returned something else ?

Thanks,
J.F.