ShapeResultObj->shape ?

Daniel Morissette danmo at videotron.ca
Mon Sep 11 18:10:26 EDT 2000

"Doyon, Jean-Francois" wrote:

> Could you post the necessary bit of code to change ? I'd rather keep a
> stable version, since my app should go into production soon.
> but I also want to make sure the code is compatible forward, so I'd like to
> change that "point" to a "line" as it should be :)

In _phpms_build_shape_object(), change the line:
   add_method(return_value, "point", php3_ms_shape_line);
to:
   add_method(return_value, "line", php3_ms_shape_line);

(I'm assuming you're using version 3.3.011... this line is gone
elsewhere in the latest version because we added PHP4 support.)

> And now, I'm having another problem, this time with the getshape() funtion
>
> It seems to allways return the SAME shape (The first one), regardless of th
> eindex value I give it !

You're really not lucky!  This one has been fixed 1 or 2 days after the
3.3.011 release!  :)

It's the index passed to getshape() that was converted to double
internally... anyways, to fix this in your copy, go in
php3_ms_shapefile_getshape() and look for the line:

    convert_to_double(pIndex);

and change it to:

    convert_to_long(pIndex);

You're definitely good at finding these things... we should get you to
do a QA pass on the module before the next release!  :)
 Daniel Morissette                       danmo at videotron.ca
              http://pages.infinit.net/danmo/