Mapserver use in Australia

Lyndon Zimmermann lyndon.zimmermann at adelaide.edu.au
Thu Sep 14 02:23:04 EDT 2000

Greetings,

BRS in Canberra suggested Mapserver for the "Biomass Energy Atlas for
Australia" project we're jointly undertaking. We are to develop a server
side web delivered and CD delivered version, and I'm hoping this can be
one and the same.  I'm trying to assess its suitability,  extent of use,
and preferred scripting language(s).

Who is using it downunder?  Please provide URLs of projects.

How suitable is it for development of free distribution browsers?  Oz
and Non-Oz responses would be appreciated for this one.

Regards,

Lyndon Zimmermann

--
Lyndon Zimmermann
BE (Mech Adelaide) Grad Dip Bus Admin (UniSA)

Biomass Energy Atlas for Australia Co-ordinator
University of Adelaide Agronomy and Farming Systems
Dir (GISCA) +61-8-8303 3975 Switch (GISCA) 8303 3900 Mob 0414 91 4577
Fax (GISCA) +61-8-8303 3498 email lyndon.zimmermann at adelaide.edu.au
Website:
http://www.gisca.adelaide.edu.au/~lzimmerm/uofabioenergy/bioenergy_atlas.html