Mapserver use in Australia

Cameron Shorter cameron at socialchange.net.au
Thu Sep 14 18:22:54 EDT 2000

Hello Lyndon,

There are a number of people using mapserv in Australia.  In particular,
people using mapserv to serve maps to middleware which mixes layers of
maps from different locations and then resubmits it to the web as a gif.

See http://webmap.socialchange.net.au for a link to a few examples.

So yes, I consider mapserv suitable for what you are describing.
Feel free to call and discuss further if you like.  Details below.

--
Cameron Shorter          Web Mapping Manager
Social Change Online