Image processing and mapserver

Ranga Raju Vatsavai vatsavai at cs.umn.edu
Wed Sep 20 10:21:07 EDT 2000

> Mapserverers;
>
> At AGSO we've been playing around with integrating some image processing
> capability with mapserver (see for eg http://www.agso.gov.au/map/pilbara/),
> adding simple sun angle, palette, enhancement options  - is anybody else
> doing this sort of thing, or interested? We don't want to reinvent the wheel
> if someone has a solution already. We're also thinking of integrating some
> satellite image processing options (see for eg
> http://www.agso.gov.au/marine/uci/imagery/ - links to application in the
> lower half of the page)
>
> Regards,
>
> Jonathon Root
> Australian Geological Survey Organisation

Hi Jonathon

Good to know about your interst in integrating image processing
functionality into mapserver. We are also doing similar kind of work.
We have developed a generic binary image (BIP/BIL/BSQ) access library
and a geospatial analysis module that go along with mapserver. Our
intrest is to define a generic frame work where in users/developers
can easily add more application specific fuctionality into mapserver.

You can have a look at

http://terrasip.gis.umn.edu/projects/egis/avhrr/

to get an idea of new raster GIS capabilities in mapserver.
Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks
Raju
-----