georeferencing the gif image

Pericles S. Nacionales pnaciona at gis.umn.edu
Wed Sep 27 19:52:26 EDT 2000

Folks,

Another tip:  I usually export in WMF format then resize in Adobe
Illustrator (other vector drawing programs should work).  The graphic
produced in WMF format is vector and scales nicely to a smaller size.  If
you export in JPEG format, you probably should first scale ArcView's View
window to the size you want.  Then export and get the extent.  This way, you
won't have to resize the raster graphic and just need to convert to GIF (or
PNG).

-Perry N.