georeferencing the gif image

Pericles S. Nacionales pnaciona at gis.umn.edu
Wed Sep 27 19:36:24 EDT 2000

Wangyal,

In ArcView, you can get the extent of a reference map by clicking on "View",
then "Properties".  Once you're in the "View Properties" window, select the
"Area of Interest" button--this will give you another window.  From the new
window, select "Display" from the "Set AOI to:" drop-down box--this will
give you the extent of the currently displayed view.  The EXTENT values go
"LEFT BOTTOM RIGHT TOP"

You can then export the current display (view) as either WMF or JPEG, then
resize and save as GIF (or PNG) to be used as reference map.

Good luck!
-Perry N.