Soliciting Proposals to Build On-Line GIS

ddorranc at azurix.com ddorranc at azurix.com
Thu Sep 28 13:34:32 EDT 2000

I have an on-line database which needs simple GIS to plot the results of
queries.  If you are interested in providing a proposal, let me know.  Some
background is as follows:

We are operating a web based query system that runs on Microsoft IIS 5.0 (Win2K)
and Active Server Pages.  The data store for the site is a MS SQL 7.0 database
communicating with the web site via odbc and ole db.  The database contains
about 10,000 records geoferenced using decimal latitude and longitude. All
locations are in the 50 United States.   A query session flows as follows:

1) A chemical is selected
2) A state or group of states is selected
3) The query is run and returns a table with the concentrations of that chemical
in soil at various sites within the selected states.  A typical query returns
less than 50 records.

My hope is to "on-the-fly" generate a map depicting the results of a query with
is zoomed to the selected State(s) with the sites depicted as dots (with the
site number posted) and with the dot colors grading from green through yellow to
red as concentrations increase.  To help users locate themselves, I will want
some basic cultural layers such as major roads, rivers, cities etc. - such as
that which comes packaged with ARCVIEW.

Thanks
Dave Dorrance
Houston, TX