[mapserver-users] problem with highlight during a query by feature

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Dec 5 15:23:02 EST 2001

QueryByFeature is a 2 stage query. Have you tried using a query only layer for the first stage? This would mean adding a second layer definition for your river layer with "TYPE QUERY" set. Query only layers can't be drawn so it won't show up in the resulting query map. This is the simplest fix I know of but there are others (such as not using a querymap at all but setting class values for a selected buildings layer to isolate just those that match).

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> "CATHIGNOL, Frederic" <Frederic.CATHIGNOL at astrium-space.com> 12/05/01 04:09AM >>>
Hello from France;

I already sent this problem, without any answer... So I reformulate it with
a draw, because a draw is often better than a long message !

You will found here attached the explanation with a draw of the problem.

I really need it, if you have a solution...

Thanks Guys for your help to a french developper !
(frederic.cathignol at bigfoot.com)

F.CATHIGNOL

attached : "A draw is better than a long message.doc"
 <<A draw is better than a long message.doc>>