[mapserver-users] very frusterated newbie! heh

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Dec 5 15:27:22 EST 2001

Wow, your working with some real old mapfiles and I'm assuming a new version of the software. The LABELOVERLAP parameter hasn't been supported in years. Were'd you get the test data and application?

First thing to do is get you a current version of the source/binaries and whatever demo you're trying.

As for shapefiles, you must keep the shp, shx and dbf files. The others are spatial index files that the MapServer can't use.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> Grant Marblestone <GrantM at ATSER.com> 12/05/01 02:08PM >>>
Sorry to flood this, but i cant even get an easy one to show.
I now figured out that i have to have a link like the example that does
something like
http://localhost/scripts/mapserv.exe?map=c:\inetpub\wwwroot\msTest1\test1.ma

But i get this lovely error
msLoadMap(): Unknown identifier. (LABELOVERLAP):(6)

Any clues....

Also i would love some information on what the following are
I got some files from a web site just as test files...

the files included are
.shp
.dbf
.shx
.sbx
.sbn

Anyone have any clues as to each one and its purpose.. i think the shp file
is like the vector graphic image? right?

thanks agian,
Grant