[mapserver-users] [mapsize] abnormal behavior?

Doyon, Jean-Francois Jean-Francois.Doyon at ccrs.nrcan.gc.ca
Sun Dec 9 15:49:20 EST 2001

Hello,

I just noticed something weird ... When I specify a a mapsize via the URL,
mapserver seems to change the extent!

Here's what's happening:

I have a mapfile that defines a MAPSIZE 375 343 ... and all is well ... The
hwole country (Canada in my case) is displayed in a gif that's 375x343 ...

No when I add ?mapsize=100+89 to the URL, instead of seeing a small map at
the same extent as the previous one (the whole country), I just see a part
of the country, as if I'm zoomed in or something ... It looks like it
centered on the middle of the map and drew a 100x89 gif from that, using the
original mapsize ... am I making sense here?

Has there been a change in the behavior of this parameter lately? Is this a
bug?

Help!

Thanks,

Jean-François Doyon
Internet Service Development and Systems Support
GeoAccess Division
Canadian Center for Remote Sensing
Natural Resources Canada
http://atlas.gc.ca