[mapserver-users] Another 3.5 Map File Question

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Dec 10 13:06:31 EST 2001

One DATA element per layer. NAMEs really should be unique. Use the GROUP parameter instead.

If the files should be drawn the same then consider actually concatenating them (or using tiling).

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> Stephen Woodbridge <woodbri at swoodbridge.com> 12/07/01 06:51PM >>>
Hi again,

Can a layer have more than one DATA statement or do I need to create a
LAYER section for each one?

I know I can give multiple LAYER sections the same NAME value and turn
them on/off as a group, but I have a bunch of misc. files that would be
nice to group together in a singe layer definition to cut down on the
number of layers that need to be defined.

Anyone know?

Thanks,
  -Steve