[mapserver-users] Labels for streets

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Dec 10 13:25:35 EST 2001

1) use truetype fonts and "ANGLE AUTO"
2) set MINDISTANCE in the label item (this is the minimum distance between same labels)
3) yes, using recent code use something like:

COLOR 255 0 0
OVERLAYSYMBOL 'circle'
OVERLAYOUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
OVERLAYSIZE 3

This get's you red solid polygons with a black 3 pixel outline...

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> Chris Cleveland <ccleveland at dieselpoint.com> 12/10/01 11:08AM >>>
How do you 1) get street labels to match the angle of the street (implement rotated fonts), and 2) suppress duplicate labels for every street segment?

There is some hint of this in the docs (LABELANGLEITEM) but I can't seem to find an explicit answer.

While we're at it, is there a way to make the border of a polygon more than one pixel thick?

--
Chris Cleveland
Dieselpoint, Inc.
ccleveland at dieselpoint.com