[mapserver-users] MapServer Demo Problems

Stephen D. King s.d.king at abdn.ac.uk
Tue Dec 11 12:12:53 EST 2001

Hello Steve,

I have a query about the installation of the MapServer demo - I wondered if
anyone can help?

I have installed the software onto a Windows NT server into a folder called
mapserver, and followed all the instructions. When I click on the
Initialize button I get the following message in the browser window:

And the following URL:

http://myhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=c%3A%5CInetpub%5Cwwwroot%5Cmapserver%5Cms_demo%5Cdemo.map&layer=lakes&layer=streams&zoomsize=2

I'm not sure what file it is referring to. I do have the mapserv.exe in the
cgi-bin, and the path is correct.

In the demo_footer.html file I have the following path set:

img border="2" src="/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=[map]
&queryfile=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\tmp\DEMO[id].qy[get_layers]
&mode=map&size=200+200"

in the demo_init.html file the form action is set to:

/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe

and the hidden value to:

c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\mapserver\ms_demo\demo.map

in the demo.html file I have the form action set to:

/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe

in the demo.map file I have set the paths to:

IMAGEPATH "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\tmp\
IMAGEURL "/tmp/

I have created the tmp folder and set the permissions on it to write.

Hope you can help,

Thanks,

Stephen