[mapserver-users] 3.5, freetype, and Makefile.vc

Richard Greenwood Rich at GreenwoodMap.com
Tue Dec 11 15:45:27 EST 2001

Mapserver wizards -

I have found compiling 3.5 with freetype under windows to be a struggle.
Daniel Morissette posted a message last week that stated "Starting with
MapServer 3.5, you have to compile with a GD that was compiled with
freetype." So I removed all references to gdft in my Makefile.vc and now it
compiles quite smoothly. Thanks, Daniel!

So why does the Makefile.vc on cvs and in the nightly still reference gdft?
The Makefile.in does not refer to gdft. If the gdft references could be
eliminated from Makefile.vc (and maybe the gdft directory?) it could save
some confusion for newbies, and easily confused individuals such as myself.

Best regards,
Rich

Richard W. Greenwood, PLS
Greenwood Mapping, Inc.