[mapserver-users] 3.5 Win / tileindex / expression

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Dec 11 12:46:12 EST 2001

Can anyone using tiles on other platforms verify these issues.

One thing to check is that tiles are indeed identical. I have run into situations where folks had tiles that had different attributes or attributes in a different order. Since expressions are based on using a template tile to figure out what items need to be used you'd definitely run into problems with expressions in this case since the wrong data could be being evaluated.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> "Wolfgang W. Wasserburger" <wasserburger at plan.at> 12/11/01 08:50AM >>>
Hi all thereout,

we use 3.5 (11. Dec.) and tried now to change our simple shapefiles to
tileindexed shapefiles. But it seems, that there is a bug:

a)  we can get the tileindex to run as long as we donnot use expressions

b) we can get the expressions to run as long as we donnot use tileindex

It seems, that these two donnot work together in 3.5. They did in 3.4, but
we liked to use the overlay functions, which didn't work in 3.4 properly.

Has anyone any suggestions?

Thx in advance

Greetings from Vienna, Austria

Wolfgang W. Wasserburger