[mapserver-users] Tileindex question

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue Dec 11 12:37:55 EST 2001

Hi all,

Running ms 3.5

I have an 8 cols x 4 rows image set that I have put into a tileindex
which works great. Since the image is wrapped around the globe (ie: as
you move from col 8 to 8+1 you should wrap to col 1) only it displays
just like a flat piece of paper.

I could obviously fake entries in the tileindex to make it appear wider
than it is,

BUT I was wondering if there is a way to get mapserver to be smart about
degrees and recognize that a tile at -190 == 170 and a tile at 190 ==
-170, etc.

Did I miss something on this when reading the docs?

Thank,
 -Steve