[mapserver-users] .shp ArcViewFormat

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Dec 13 09:07:20 EST 2001

Luca Pescatore wrote:

> Hi,
>  after a small test with php and demo map i'm trying to read some
> arcview files.
>
> It doesn't work, i have changed only sourcetype.
>
>  From "DATA twprgpy3" to "DATA Entertn"
>
> I'm using Unix Server with Apache and PHP 4.0.6.
>
> What's wrong ?

Luca,

The Entertn.shp/shx files seem to be corrupt.  The file length section contains
0x00000000 (24 bytes into the file) which results in an internal calculation
of there being -12 records.

How were your shapefiles prepared?

 > Another little question, how can i create or modify my .shp files ?

There are a number of ways.  You can do it from within PHP, or write a
C program against my Shapelib, use a GIS package like ArcView, etc.

Good luck,