[mapserver-users] mouse over How is it done on dnr mn weather map

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu Dec 13 23:56:38 EST 2001

David: It's an applet based on an extension of the mapplet applet. You can see it at:

  http://maps.dnr.state.mn.us/java/mapplet_xml

Basically you define a standard image map, store is as an XML file and use it for mouse overs in the applet. The weather applet actually used 2 XML files, 1 for county forecasts and one for city conditions. In any case I use mapscript to produce the XML file and the base weather map. Let me know if you have other questions.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937
>>> "David Armstrong" <david.armstrong at ntlworld.com> 12/13/01 17:17 PM >>>
Could someone on the list please explain how the mouse over works on this
app
and possibley any code
http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/weather/map.html

Regards